Saturday, August 18, 2007

Michigan #5 in both polls

The AP poll is out and Michigan is, once again, number five. Not a whole lot of differences between the press and the coaches... save that Florida and West Virginia swap spots at #3 and #6. I suppose I'm leaning towards the media's take on things. As much as I think West Virginia is overrated, I can't imagine that Florida will be able to replace so many players and still be competitive in the SEC, especially come October with a nasty road trip to LSU. Anyone disagree? (hell, is ANYONE even out there?)

As for Michigan being number 5, I'm glad we're not any higher and wish that we were a little lower. Anyone else notice that we seem to do better when we're NOT in the preseason top 10? I think Lloyd likes earning those top spots- and the team always responds well when they're underestimated... it's as if too much talk of an undefeated season could up and jinx us!

1 comment:

A2saint said...

I agree, I think Michigan plays better when they aren't so full of themselves... The lower their ranking the better they play. I get a bit conspiratorial here but I think the press over rates Michigan just so they can watch them crap out